Tuesday, March 13, 2018

New Ideas

As you know from my last post, Isabella and I have had trouble casting actors/actresses for our roles of Spencer and Ryan. During our Aice Media A Level class, we began to storyboard our trailers but could not fully focus since we knew we had another issue that we were putting off and ignoring.

Our Aice Media A Level teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, fortunately, met with Isabella and me to discuss our project. During this meeting, we explained our conflicts with casting and how we have not been able to find a male in his early 20s that would be willing to be in our trailer. We also explained that we have not been able to cast Ryan, Spencer and Eliza's daughter because we did not have an actor for Spencer to rely on for Ryan's physical appearance and looks. 

Without giving us exact ideas, Mrs. Stoklosa suggested that we rearrange our plot to accommodate our conflicts. Isabella and I looked at each other and knew it would be the best thing to do, even though we had already started our storyboard and had spent days trying to figure out our original plot. Mrs. Stoklosa ended our meeting with one statement that made us realize what we had to do. She said something along the lines of, "What if Spencer never appeared?" and then told us to go figure it out on our own.

Are you ready to hear what our new idea is???

Well, Isabella and I realized we could accommodate our conflict without changing the plot in any way. We decided to restart our storyboard and take out all shots of Spencer in the trailer. But after realizing it was somewhat necessary to show Spencer, we agreed on only showing shots that did not show Spencer's full body. With this idea, we knew we could cast any male with male prominent features, without having to be around 20 years old, that could be in our trailer. I instantly thought of my younger cousin, Matias Morales. Since we decided to never show Spencer's face, we agreed that using Matias in our trailer was the best idea.

Now, all we were missing was casting Ryan, but since we were using my family from my mother's side, Laura Morales (young Eliza), Patricia Morales (older Eliza), and Matias Morales (Spencer), I offered to play to role of Ryan in order to provide consistency with casting appearance. Hopefully, I can overcome my camera shyness and showcase my acting skills (if I have any....)

So, we began to storyboard again, but this time, had no conflicts to interrupt us. Finally!!!

Though we are a bit behind schedule, Isabella and I knew we wanted to push ourselves to finish our storyboard, write our dialogue, and film this week. It'll be a long week, but I know we can do this!

Stay tuned for our final storyboard and dialogue!

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment