Thursday, April 5, 2018

Movie Poster Progress/Ideas

Happy Thursday!

Today's post will be about our film poster progress and upcoming plans and ideas, enjoy!

Picking a font is never easy, but as an aspiring graphic design artist, I knew our film needed a font that perfectly fit our genre, target audience, and theme; so, i dedicated hours of my time trying to find the right one. Isabella and I agreed that a script font was the best way to go as it captured the attention of women (our target audience), regardless of age, and stuck to our theme/genre. The font we decided on was "Strawberry Blossom" which we found from the font site, dafont.com can be seen down below:


After downloading the font onto my computer, I began to use Adobe Photoshop CC, a program that I know how to use well, to create our movie poster. For now, our movie poster only has our title and main actors at the top of the page, as you can see below, but will be finished soon!

Trust me, I know it looks empty for now, but Isabella and I have been planning what we are going to do for the main image of the poster and cannot wait to add it in along with the bottom credits to finally finish this poster.

What exactly are we planning you ask?

Well, we decided the main image on the poster should be a picture of Ryan, played by myself. Since Ryan ends up finding the footage her father had left for her mother and becoming inspired to be a film-maker, Isabella and I planned to capture an image of Ryan holding a camera, signaling her inspiration to become a film-maker. However, we do not plan on showing Ryan in full detail, to create a mysterious, dramatic vibe, so we intend on making Ryan a silouhette holding a camera. This image against an image of a sunset or something that has meaning in the film will enhance the poster and attract the attention of the viewers, without giving the whole story away. 

Hopefully we can finish this as soon as possible, time is running out, and we still have a lot to do! See you soon!

-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment